Indications for Use
Degree of Hair Loss
The Youlumi CDR Kit can be used by men and women with thinning hair due to hereditary pattern hair loss, also known as Androgenetic Alopecia. Doctors use specific rating scales to describe the degree of hair loss (see the image below).
For men, this is the Hamilton-Norwood scale, whereas for women, this is the Ludwig-Savin scale. The Youlumi CDR Kit is indicated to treat hair loss in men with Hamilton-Norwood classifications of IIa-V, and women with Ludwig-Savin classifications of I-II. These classifications are shaded in the diagram below.
Like other laser caps for hair growth, the Youlumi CDR Kit is known to be effective in men and women with white to brown skin tones, specifically Fitzpatrick skin types 1-4. The Fitzpatrick system is a way to classify skin type based on complexion and what happens when your skin is exposed to sunlight.
Contraindications for Use
If any of the following apply to you, consult with a physician before using the Youlumi CDR Kit or any other laser hair growth device.
You are taking medications or have a medical condition that makes your skin sensitive to the sun or light.
- You are allergic to red or near-infrared light (645-660nm).
- You have a history of skin cancer of the scalp, head, or neck.
- You are suffering from severe diseases such as cancer, hematological diseases, advanced diabetes, or heart disease.
- You are suffering from scalp injury.
- You are pregnant, menstruating, or nursing (lactation).
- You are under 18 years of age.